Friday, November 30, 2007

Update on Science Blog (Week 1)

This is the end of the first week with the Science Blog. I'm surprised by how many posts I've received so far. I've tried to make the blog questions simple at first just to encourage responses from the students. As the students become better at posting comments, I'd like to make the posting more involved. So far I've used the blog on 3 occasions:

1. The first post was an extra credit assignment. The students posted a comment about what they were doing for Thanksgiving and what plant products they were eating. I received 12 comments out of 15 students.

2. The second post involved the students looking at picture and answering questions with their own input. So far I've received only 5 comments. However, today is the last day for comments and we are on the computers today.

3. The last post is in regard to the project we are currently completing. I'm having students post comments and questions about the project. So far over half of the class has responded.

No comments: